The Yenching Academy’s flagship event, the Yenching Global Symposium 2018, is now accepting applications! This year’s theme “RENaissance: China’s Journey in a Global Future” explores China’s multifaceted revival in a rapidly shifting global arena.
The forum will bring together outstanding graduates from across the world to the historic grounds of Peking University in Beijing, from April 12th-15th, for four days of interactive discussions, simulations, site visits, networking sessions and immersion activities. Successful applications will have their accommodation, meals and round-trip flight funded.
- oung professionals and graduate students of any nationality are eligible to apply.
- Holder of an undergraduate degree in any field (by December 31, 2017).
- Available for the entirety of the conference from April 12th-15th, 2018 (and available for any required travel time to and from Beijing).
- Have not attended any of the previous Yenching Global Symposiums.
- International English proficiency test score (at least IELTS 7/TOEFL 100/Cambridge 180/CEFR C1), if the applicant does not have significant, long-term experience using English in a professional or academic setting (2+ years).
- No older than 30 (by April 15th, 2018). However, if from a country where military service is mandatory, then no older than 32 (by April 15th, 2018).
- Selected delegates will have their expenses covered for a full round-trip flight to Beijing, four days of accommodation, and meal costs.
- Access to lectures by prominent international scholars and professionals, interactive discussions, simulations, and site visits.
- Participation in a global network of thriving China-passionate young people.
- Opportunity to explore Beijing and Chinese culture through immersive activities.
- If you are selected as a delegate, the Yenching Global Symposium will cover your return flight tickets, accommodation, and meals for the duration of the event. Delegates have to bear visa expenses (if any) and are advised to carry some money for personal expenses, sightseeing, etc.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- November 30, 2017