The VU Amsterdam Summer School is offering Summer School Scholarships to international students from all over the world. The purpose of this scholarships is to support excellent students who actively make a contribution to their community and/or society.The VU Amsterdam Summer School is part of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, an internationally renowned research university founded in 1880. The beautiful city of Amsterdam will be your home, capital of The Netherlands. Amsterdam is a historic city with a creative and modern feel. You will soon discover its safe and accessible open society. With 187 nationalities, it’s the most international city in the world. 93 percent of the Dutch speak English, so it is easy to enjoy everything the Netherlands has to offer. Host Country:
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- PhD programme
- 4 or 6-week programme
Fields of Study:
- Click here to check the list of courses.
No. of Scholarship:
- 10 scholarships available that cover the full tuition and accommodation fees for one course
Eligibility Criteria: Courses are taught at Bachelor, Advanced Bachelor and Master level, and are suitable for students as well as for PhD staff and professionals. The following entry requirements are set:
- Bachelor: at least enrolled in 1st year of Bachelor studies
- Advanced Bachelor: at least enrolled in 2nd year of Bachelor studies
- Master: at least enrolled in final year of Bachelor studies – professionals need to have a Bachelor diploma
- Students who apply for the scholarship need to have a Grade Point Average of at least 80% of the highest possible mark
- It is not necessary to provide us with proof of your English. We do expect your English to be sufficient to understand classes and course literature. This means you should have at least a B2 level of English, as developed within the Common European Framework of References for Languages (CEFR). This is comparable to a Toefl internet test with a score of 92, or an IELTS score of 6.5.
Individual courses may have their own entry requirements, please check the course descriptions. Required Documents:
- An essay which expresses your motivation and activities to make a positive contribution to your community/the society (500-800 words). Please indicate:
- Why participation in this specific summer course is relevant for your personal and academic development, and how you will use the knowledge in the future.
- How you currently or previously have committed to service in your community/society, including your motivation for commitment.
- A recent transcript of records (a printscreen is sufficient) which shows you have a grade point average of at least 80%. For example, if the highest possible mark is a 10, you need to have an average of at least an 8. We will take into account the differences in grading cultures.
- A recommendation letter from someone that is not a family member or a friend, e.g. a professor, a mentor, an employer etc
- Apply Before April 1, 2018