The Vienna Biocenter Summer School 2018 in Austria offers a unique opportunity for undergraduate and Master students to conduct a research project and experience a vibrant scientific environment. The Vienna Biocenter (VBC) Summer School is a fellowship programme that enables participants to develop a research project within a research group at the Vienna Biocenter. To complement the lab work, summer school students also attend a lecture series given by faculty members from the IMP and other participating institutes (IMBA, GMI and MFPL).
- Nine Weeks
A diverse range of research projects are available in:
- Molecular biology
- RNA biology
- Stem cells
- and biochemistry.
Financial Support and Benefits:
- Free student accommodation
- Each student will be awarded a stipend of 1400 euros after tax for the nine-week programme
- Medical insurance is included in the contract for the nine weeks
- A free travel pass providing unlimited use of public transport within Vienna for the duration of the scholarship
- Reimbursement of travel costs to and from Vienna
- Numerous social events
You might be interested in GOCamp Summer Program
- Completed at least 2 years of a University study (eg. 2/3 years of a Bachelor study or at least 1 year of a Master study – by 30 June)
- Some previous research experience
- Good academic record
- High level of English language
- Evidence of enrollment in a University programme for the current academic year and the next year (if possible)
- The program language is English throughout. Proficiency in English is therefore required. A formal proof of competence in English (IELTS, CPE or TOEFL) is recommended but not mandatory.
They encourage applications from students (BA, Master, MSc) from all around the world who are undergraduates/master students, and have completed at least two years of university study
Check out our FAQs for further information here.
Please upload :
- Your enrollment certificate and transcript of studies and/or exam results for the last years of your course.
- You will also need to upload a proof of enrollment for the next academic year. If this is not possible, you should upload a personal statement with the programmes that you have/will apply for.
- A CV or cover letter are not required.
At the time of application letters of reference are not required. We may contact the supervisor(s) of shortlisted candidates.
- 31 January, 2018