University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) is now accepting applications from international students trough Chinese Government Scholarship — Chinese University Program. Chinese Government Scholarship —Chinese University Program is a scholarship established by Ministry of Education (MOE) to support Chinese universities in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. MOE authorized USTC to recruit full-time master and doctoral students under the Chinese Government Scholarship since 2008.
- University of Science and Technology of China (USTC)
- Chinese Government Scholarship — Chinese University Program is a scholarship established by Ministry of Education (MOE) .
- Master’s Degree Programs
- Doctoral Programs
The duration of scholarship is decided in accordance with the duration of each specific program:
- Master’s Degree Programs: 2-3 academic years
- Doctoral Degree Programs: 3-4 academic years
Fields of Study:
- USTC offers graduate programs with Chinese or English as media of instruction. For more information of programs offered at USTC, Please check the the official website.
Also Read: Shanghai Government Scholarships
The Chinese University Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
- Tuition waiver.
- Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy.
If the host university requires students to live on campus, the university will accommodate the scholarship students in a university dormitory (usually a twin room); if the host university permits students to live off campus, the university will provide monthly accommodation subsidy:
- Master’s students: CNY 700 per month;
- Doctoral students: CNY 1000 per month.
- Master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;
- Doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and mentally and physically healthy.
- Applicants must not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application; or be a graduate from Chinese universities for more than one year.
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree (equivalent to bachelor’s degree in China) and be under the age of 35 (by September, 1st, 2018).
- Applicants for doctoral studies must have master’s degree (equivalent to master’s degree in China) and be under the age of 40 (by September, 1st, 2018).
- For the graduates to obtain their degrees in 2018, they should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate to ensure that they will complete their study and obtain the degree by July of 2018.
- Students who have been granted for other Chinese scholarship or funding（2017-2018）cannot apply for this scholarship
How to Apply:
Step 1: Online Application for CSC Scholarship
Step 2: Online Application for USTC Admission
Step 3: Original Application Documents Submission.
USTC will review all the applications submitted before the deadline. Decisions for admission and granting the scholarship will be made on the basis of applicants’ academic record, research abilities and other aspects related.
The list of nominated candidates will be sent to China Scholarship Council (CSC) for review in May, 2018.
After the name list is approved by CSC, the scholarship awardees will be notified by USTC and admission documents will be posted to the awardees in July.
New school year shall start in September, 2018. The specific date of registration will be written on the admission notice.
- March 15, 2018