U.S. Embassy in Morocco is now accepting applications for the Study of the US Institute for Student Leaders on Women’s Leadership program 2018. The Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) for Student Leaders are short term academic programs whose aim is to provide groups of undergraduate student leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States, while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills. The five-week Institutes will consist of a balanced series of seminar discussions, readings, group presentations, and lectures.
- Covers travel to and from USA
- Domestic travel allowance
- Book allowance
- Cultural Mailing and Incidental allowances
- Housing and food allowances.
Candidate Description and Qualifications:
The participants are expected to be highly motivated undergraduate students from colleges, universities, and other institutions of higher education..
The competition is open to all female applicants who meet the following criteria:
- be female aged between 18 and 25 years of age;
- be Moroccan residing in Morocco;
- be proficient in English;
- be interested in the topic of Women’s Leadership;
- have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and teacher recommendations;
- have at least one semester left of their undergraduate studies, and therefore be committed to return to their home universities following completion of the program;
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities;
- indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States;
- demonstrate commitment to community and extracurricular university activities;
- have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of their home country;
- be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
- be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel; and,
- be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
Any question can be sent to the following e-mail address email@example.com.
Thursday November 30, 2017 at midnight.
Note: This particular institute is open ONLY to Moroccan female applicants. Program dates are June and August 2018 – specific dates will come soon.