Applications are now invited for the prestigious Turkey Europe Future Forum 2018.
The Turkey Europe Future Forum is a project of Stiftung Mercator in cooperation with TUSIAD, under the patronage of Federica Mogherini, the EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs. Since 2015, The Turkey Europe Future Forum has been bringing together dedicated young leaders from Turkey and Europe for intensive dialogue in Turkey, Germany and other European countries.
Each year, the Turkey Europe Future Exchange Program enables 30 outstanding young leaders from Turkey, Germany and other European countries to benefit from an intensive exchange of ideas, substantial training measures and access to an important network.
- The Turkey Europe Future Forum is a project of Stiftung Mercator in cooperation with TUSIAD, under the patronage of Federica Mogherini, the EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs.
- Paris and Berlin
- One Week
- “Rethink Europe’s Future”
No. of Participants:
- The goal of the Turkey Europe Future Forum is to reinforce networking and enhance mutual understanding among future decision-makers of Turkey, Germany and other European countries.
- The programme encourages all actors to adopt a European perspective and strengthens their ability to act, especially across sectors.
- The Future Forum provides fresh impetus to the Turkish-European debate.
- Costs for travel and accommodation are covered.
- During the Future Forum, participants attend eight days of workshops, lectures and intercultural trainings about a current issue and debate it from their country- and sector-specific perspectives.
- In addition, top-level guests, speakers and dialogue partners provide exclusive insights into the politics, economy, culture and society of the participating countries. Ümit Boyner, former president of TÜSIAD and one of Turkey’s most successful entrepreneurs, and Ruprecht Polenz, long-time member of the German Bundestag and former chair of the German Foreign Affairs Committee, are the programme deans.
- Federica Mogherini, the High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the European Parliament is the Future Forum’s patron.
- Between two and ten years’ professional experience in the fields of politics, economics, administration, culture, media, science or civil society (Note: Internships do not count)
- Outstanding academic and professional qualifications
- Turkish, German or another European citizenship
- A university degree (preferably Master’s degree or diploma)
- Very good English skills
- Strong interest in the respective topic of the Future Forum as well as European-Turkish relations
As part of your application process you will be requested to upload the following documents:
- A detailed CV in English (PDF, DOC or RTF file, max. 3 MB)
- A current photo (JPG, PNG and GIF file, max. 3 MB, uncompressed or low compressed)
- A motivation letter (between 300 and 500 words) outlining your personal and professional motivation in joining the Forum and your interest in the topic of this year’s Forum (PDF, DOC or RTF file, max. 3 MB)
Please note, that your file names must not include spaces. Feel free to use “_” or “-” instead in order to avoid upload problems.
How to Apply:
Please register with a valid e-mail address on which you can be reached during the application period. You will receive an e-mail with your password. After your successful registration you will be directly forwarded to the login. Simply by logging in with your registered e-mail address and password, you can open your application form as many times as you wish. You can save your interim data without submitting. But please note that once you have submitted your data, you can’t modify your application anymore
Please note, that after successfully submitting your application you will receive a confirmation e-mail within one hour. In case you do not receive the confirmation e-mail, please log in again and check your application. You might have to click the “Submit” button again.
If you notice any errors (e.g. documents that were not successfully uploaded) after submitting your application or in case you have not received any confirmation e-mail at all, please contact our team via teff(at)stiftung-mercator.de.
- 18 February 2018