The Global Ambassadors Program (GAP) is specially designed for women entrepreneurs – giving mentorship, training and a network of support to help develop your business and your self-development. The GAP is consists of one-on-one mentoring sessions, and strategic workshops focused on building organizational management, financial acumen, and leadership skills.
- United States of America
- Vital Voices, a leading NGO in women’s leadership and development and Bank of America
- New York City,
- March 19-23, 2018
- One week in-person training program in New York City including:
o Strategic Planning for Business Growth
o Human Resource Management
o Communications workshops including Branding & Marketing, Social Media and PublicSpeaking
o Financial Management and Access to Capital
- A 1:1 mentoring relationship with an established woman executive. Previous mentors include:
Susan Chambers, Executive Vice President, Global People Division Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.;
Deborah Dugan, Chief Executive Officer, RED and Donna Langley, Chairman, Universal Pictures.
- Inclusion in the Vital Voices network of more than 15,000 women from 181 countries and
territories around the world.
- Opportunity for cross-cultural exchange with women from around the globe.
- Participation in a half-day Global Forum, a thought leadership event and networking
opportunity to engage with invited guests including business and community leaders.
- Opportunities for your business/organization to be profiled via digital channels, social media
and in earned media coverage.
- The Global Ambassadors will cover All travel, meals and accommodation costs for mentees participating in this program.
- A woman entrepreneur who owns a majority stake in a qualifying business, is the key decision
maker in the business and manages it on a day-to-day basis
- A minimum of 10-20 years of experience in a professional setting.
- The applicant must have worked in her existing organization / enterprise for at least 5-7 years
Proficient in English
- Demonstrate a commitment to the core principles of the “Vital Voices’ Leadership Model” –
Innovative, collaborative, and driven by a clear sense of mission; engaged in their communities
and are committed to advancing the status of women and girls.
- Demonstrate high-potential for leadership and a desire to take on leadership roles both within
and outside their companies
- For profit or social entrepreneur (for this program, a social enterprise is a for-profit business
with a social mission)
- Should have a minimum annual revenue of at least US$ 250,000 and a maximum annual
revenue of US$ 10 million
- The United States and all other countries (please note that for the US-based mentees,
preference will be given to applicants from the New York metropolitan area)
Not Eligible for this Program:
- Non-Profit or Non-Governmental organizations (NGO’s)
- Start Up or early stage businesses
Applicants are required to:
- Complete and submit this online Application Questionnaire
- Submit a two-minute video (described in the last section of this application)
- Friday 12th January 2018.