Do you have ambition, leadership experience and a strong professional background? You could study for a master’s degree in Sweden on a fully-funded Swedish Institute scholarship.
Fields of Study:
- Only the master’s programmes that are in the list of master’s programmes are eligible for SISS.
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university by us
- Living expenses of SEK 9,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 *
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL)
– a platform to grow your network and experience, while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for further professional development and to stay in touch
The scholarship does not cover:
- Additional grants for family members.
- Application fee to University Admissions.
- Work experience: You must have minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated full-time or part-time employment, voluntary work, paid/unpaid internship, and/or position of trust.
- Leadership experience: You must have demonstrated leadership experience from employment, voluntary work, and/or internship after high school studies
- University admissions: You must be required to pay tuition fees to the universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and will be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 6 April 2018.
- Country of citizenship: Citizens of about 140 countries are eligible for the scholarship programme.
- Other eligibility criteria: There are also criteria regarding dual citizenships, previous residence and studies in Sweden, and more.
- A motivation letter: the template for motivation letter will be available here in January 2018. You will need to fill in and upload the motivation letter as a PDF file.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV): please only use this Europass format of maximum three pages. It is up to you to decide which parts are relevant for your application. Additional pages will not be considered.
- Two different letters of reference: at least one letter of reference must be based on your work experience. It will be a merit if the second letter of reference is based on your involvement in networks or civil society organisations outside of your regular work. If the letters are not signed by the referee and stamped with the referred organisation’s official stamp, they are not valid. Templates should be typed, then printed, signed and stamped; and then be uploaded as one PDF-file. The template for letter of reference will be available here by the end of December 2017. You can find more information in our FAQ. There will also be an instruction in the template.
- One proof of work and leadership experience: you will be able to fill in several experiences in the template. Any experience not signed by the referee and stamped with the referred organisation’s official stamp, are not valid. The template should be typed, then printed, signed and stamped; and then be uploaded as one PDF-file. The template for proof of work and leadership experience will be available here by the end of December 2017. You can find more information in our FAQ. There will also be an instruction in the template.
- A copy of your passport: your personal data including name, citizenship and photograph must be shown clearly. Copy of passport should be included together with the CV as a last fourth page. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a copy of your valid passport to include.
How to Apply:
- To begin with, apply for up to four master’s programmes at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2017 – 15 January 2018.
- Then apply for an SI scholarship between 2-9 February 2018, follow the instructions below.
An estimated 180 scholarships will be available for full-time master’s studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2018. Usually 1-2 % of the applicants can be awarded a SISS scholarship
- Apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se: 16 OCT 2017 – 15 JAN 2018
- Apply for a SISS scholarship: 2 FEB 2018 – 9 FEB 2018
- Notifications from University Admissions: 6 APR 2018
- Announcement of 180 successful SI scholarship recipients: 26 APR 2018