MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Award 2018 for African Countries is now accepting applications. This scholarship opportunity is open to African students of all race, colour, descent and who in particular are economically disadvantaged and those coming from conflict and post-conflict areas of Africa. The applicant has to be in position to qualify for admission into undergraduate and/or postgraduate programs at Gulu University and/or Egerton University as listed above. Students already having a scholarship of any kind are not eligible to benefit this scholarship opportunity anyone with a double scholarship if found will automatically be discontinued.
The MasterCard Foundation delivers its charity and development agenda guided by the aspiration of advancing education and financial inclusion to catalyze prosperity in developing countries. It accordingly seeks for a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. The Foundation holds this belief because of the fundamental alignment that all people, no matter their starting point in life, should have an equal chance to succeed and, given access to education, financial services, and skills training; people can have a trans-formative opportunity.
- Egerton University (Kenya)
- Gulu University (Uganda)
- MasterCard Foundation Grant to RUFORUM
- Undergraduate Programs
- Master’s Degree Programs
Fields of Study:
- Bachelor of Science in Agri-Entrepreneurship and Communication Management
- Bachelor of Science in Food and Agribusiness
- Bachelor of Science in Biosystems Engineering
- Bachelor of Science Education (Agriculture)
- Master of Science in agri-enterprises development
- Master of Science in Food security and community nutrition
Bachelors programs :
- Bachelor of Agribusiness Management
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Education and Extension
- Bachelor of Science in Horticulture
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology
- Master of Science in Agronomy
No. of Scholarship:
- For the academic year 2018, 45 bachelors and 15 Master scholarships are available
The eligibility Criteria of MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Award 2018 is given below:
- Be a citizen of any African country to benefit from the African region scholarship quota
- Be a national of Kenya and Uganda to benefits from the national respective scholarship quota
- Be from economically disadvantaged
- Be less than 25 years for Bachelor and less than 30 years for Master studies at the time of application
- Should have completed secondary school and/or diploma for a Bachelor degree application not more than two years from the time of the Call
- The applicant should meet admission criteria to eligible programs in the University of choice (Egerton University or Gulu University).
- For admission into Gulu University for a (HSC) or its equivalent with two principal passes. For admission into Egerton University one must have completed the (KSCE) or its equivalent with at least C+ grade.
- Demonstrate interest in agriculture, agribusiness and entrepreneurship
- Demonstrate leadership qualities
- Have commitment to working in the agricultural value chains
- Have a strong commitment to community transformation
Females are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Application forms (for admission and scholarship) must be submitted to the respective university of choice.
The deadline for Scholarship Award is:
- Friday 30th March 2018 at 17:00 hours (GMT+3).