International Student Art Contest -Science without Borders® Challenge has been announced for the year 2018.
The Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation is excited to announce that this year’s Science Without Borders® Challenge is in conjunction with International Coral Reef Initiative (ICRI) to celebrate the International Year of the Reef (IYOR). IYOR is a global effort to increase awareness and understanding on the values and threats to coral reefs, and to support related conservation, research, and management efforts. All around the world, nations, organizations, schools, This annual contest inspires students to be creative while learning about important ocean conservation issues.
The Science Without Borders® Challenge was created to get students and teachers interested in ocean conservation through various forms of art.
- Saudi Arabia
- Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation
- 1st Prize: $500
- 2nd Prize: $350
- 3rd Prize: $200
- This international art competition is open to all students 11-19 years old.
- Students must be enrolled in primary or secondary school, or the home school equivalent.
- College and university students are not eligible for this contest.
Work will be judged in two categories, with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes awarded for each:
- 11 – 14 year-olds
- 15 – 19 year-olds
- All artwork must be an original work by the contestant and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. For instance, drawing a character from a cartoon or movie is not considered an original work.
- The artwork must be 2D such as a painting or drawing. Acceptable media include: paint, pencil, marker, crayon, ink, felt, and oil pastel. Digitally created artwork, including photographs, are not accepted.
- There is no minimum or maximum size requirements for the artwork.
- You must send your original artwork. Digital copies of artwork are NOT permitted.
- All submissions must be made by an individual artist. Group submissions are not permitted.
- Participants may submit only 1 art piece.
- Write your first and last name and age in pencil on the back of your artwork.
- Place your signature on the front, right-hand corner of your artwork.
- Fill out all required information on the Entry Forms (online only).
- Artwork and art descriptions may be used in publications and distributed to the media.
- The Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation reserves the right to disqualify artwork deemed offensive.
- If the explanation of artwork or the artwork itself is plagiarized, then it will be disqualified.
- Entries that do not comply with all of the contest rules will be disqualified
- A panel of artists, educators, and scientists will be formed to judge the Science Without Borders® Challenge. Artwork will be evaluated on the quality of the artwork, originality, and adherence to the theme.
- April 23, 2018
BRISTOL SHORT STORY PRIZE ENTRY 2018 for worldwide writers