Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program is now offering scholarships to all international students of countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Bahasa, art, and culture. This program is organized by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).
The main aim of this program is to promote and enhanced the interest in the culture and language of Indonesia among the youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
- Please click here to check the list of the universities.
- Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA)
- Non – Degree Cultural Program
- One Year
Fields of Study:
- Art (traditional music, traditional dance, craft, instruments, handicrafts )
- Indonesian Language
- Herbal Medicine
- Students monthly stipend will be divided into 2 groups of area: Area 1 Rp. 2.950.000,- (Batam, Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya, Denpasar, Makassar, Manado), Area 2 Rp. 2.550.000,- (Aceh, Padang, Palembang,Purwokerto, Semarang, Yogyakarta, Surakarta, Malang, Samarinda)
- Students will be provided with accommodation and transportation during the Orientation Program if time arrival in time with the schedule from the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Students will get settlement allowance when attending the Orientation Program.
- Students legal permit arrangement with the help of the Host University will be supported by Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Students may seek assistance from Host University in finding a house/room to rent which is included in monthly stipend
- Students must sign a statement letter provided by the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General.
- Students are requested to inform the Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation, Ministry of Education and Culture regarding date and time of arrivals to Indonesia for pick up arrangement.
- Students must arrive in Indonesia a day before the Orientation Program.
- Students will responsible for the accommodation arrangement and immigration expenses if time arrival is not in time with the schedule arranged by Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Students must follow the study until the end of the program.
- Students must write final report to the Host University and Ministry of Education and Culture after finishing the study in Indonesia.
- The Ministry of Education and Culture does not provide the international airfare to/from Indonesia
Each student has to fulfill these requirements as the follows:
- Preferably Student
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent
- Minimum age 17 years and Not older than 35 years of age
- Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia, Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate : TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable (Language certificate is not a mandatory)
- In good health as proven by Medical Certificate (medical checkup result)
- Have basic knowledge of the field you’re applying
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Medical certificate
- Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia (estimated arrival : 1st August 2018)
- Recommendation Letter From Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English)
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English)
- Language certificate (if applicable)
- Other certificates that related to the field you’re applying (if applicable)
- Writing essay about purpose of study (in english or bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words)
How to Apply:
Students who are intereted in this scholarship program are required to register and submit submit all documents in Darmasiswa RI official website.
- 18 February 2018