Applications are invited for DAAD Scholarships Program for the Master of Research and Public Policy 2018/19 from the applicants of Sub-Saharan Africa.
The Partnership for African Social and Governance Research (PASGR) is an independent, non-partisan pan-African not-for-profit organisation working to enhance research excellence in governance and public policy that contributes to the overall wellbeing of women and men.
In its Higher Education Programme, PASGR works with thirteen universities across seven African countries to implement a collaborative Master of Research and Public Policy (MRPP) programme.
- University of Nairobi
- Maseno University
- Egerton University
- Uganda Christian University
- Uganda Martyrs University
- University of Dar es Salaam
- Mzumbe University
Scholarship awardees will be hosted at any one of these institutions.
- Master’s Degree Program
- Two Years
Field of Study:
- Research and Public Policy
- Scholarships are available for up to a maximum of two years.
- The scholarship will be initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual request and receipt of a complete application using using a form that DAAD will avail on its portal around March 2019.
- Eligible candidates must be citizens of a country in sub-Saharan Africa, admitted to study the Master of Research and Public Policy (MRPP) programme at any of the universities listed above.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s and / or Master’s degree qualification with at least a second class honours upper division from any accredited university.
- The last university degree must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application.
Note: Potential candidates who are not enrolled in the programme are advised to contact any of the universities listed above directly for admission first. Prospective students may request admission at a university within or outside their home country.
- Fully filled and signed PASGR Scholarship Application Form;
- Signed curriculum vitae scanned in PDF. Please use the Europass CV template: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university degree certificates;
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university transcripts;
- Proof of admission to the Master of Research and Public Policy, which may be a temporary admission letter including fee structure of the course (scanned PDF copy);
- Letter of motivation (maximum 2 pages in PDF);
- Academic reference from senior lecturer and proof of employment if applicable (scanned PDF copy); and,
- A signed and scanned copy of this document: DAAD Scholars information sheet 2018
How to Apply:
A complete application form must be sent to PASGR – firstname.lastname@example.org – together with all the application documents listed above
- February 16, 2018