Clark University is an American private research university located in Worcester, Massachusetts, the second biggest city in New England. It is adjoining to University Park about 50 miles west of Boston. Founded in 1887 with a vast enrichment from its namesake Jonas Gilman Clark, an unmistakable specialist, Clark was one of the main current research colleges in the United States.
Host University: Clark University Scholarship
Course Level: Undergraduate Programmes
Clark merit scholarships:
- If you are an international student applying to your first year of undergraduate study at Clark University, you could be eligible for merit scholarships offered by the University.
- When you send in your admissions application, you will be considered automatically for several merit scholarships. Our Presidential LEEP Scholarship and Global Scholars Program Scholarship require separate applications; however, the rest of our merit scholarships do not.
- Your eligibility for scholarships depends on your academic achievement (those indicated on your application for admission), not on your family need. However, international students who may qualify for scholarships are still expected to demonstrate the ability to cover a significant percentage of the cost of their education. This includes students who wish to be considered for the Presidential LEEP Scholarship or the Global Scholars Program. On average, international students at Clark pay $25,000 to $30,000 per year.
To apply, you’ll need to submit:
- First-year Common Application
- Secondary School Report: Your school official will submit the Common Application’s Secondary School Report along with an official high school transcript, which will give us a picture of your academic career.
- Teacher evaluation form from a teacher in a traditional academic area such as mathematics, science, foreign language, English, social science or academic elective
- Application fee of $60 through the Common Application website, or a fee waiver
- Proof of English proficiency (see below)
- Results from any national examinations (e.g., A levels, GCSE, WASSCE, CBSE, ISCE, CXC, CAPE, etc.)
You may also choose to submit:
- SAT/ACT scores (Clark doesn’t require these scores). If you choose to submit scores, use these school codes:
- CEEB (SAT): 003279
- ACT: 1808
- CSS Profile (only if you’re applying for need-based financial assistance). If you choose to submit a PROFILE, use the school code 3279.
Applicants whose native language is not English
To apply for admission, you must submit at least one of the following. Our ETS (TOEFL) school code is 3279. Our CEEB (SAT) school code is 003279. Our ACT school code is 1808.
- A total score of 80 or higher on the TOEFL iBT, with a score of 15 or higher on every section.
- An overall band score of 6.5 or higher on the IELTS, with a score of 6.0 or higher on every section.
- A score of 600 or higher on the SAT Critical Reading section (offered before March 2016).
- A score of 650 or higher on the SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section (offered beginning in March 2016).
- A score of 26 or higher on the ACT Reading section.
Applicants who attend high school in mainland China
If you meet one of the requirements listed above, you qualify for an interview. Schedule an interview as early as possible with Vericant or InitialView. If you are unable to sit for an interview, please submit a Request for a Waiver of the Interview Requirement.
While we encourage all applicants from Mainland China to sit for interviews, we will automatically waive the requirement if you have earned:
- A score of 24 or higher on every section of the TOEFL iBT.
- A score of 7.0 or higher on every section of the IELTS.
- A score of 700 or higher on the SAT Critical Reading section (offered before March 2016).
- A score of 730 or higher on the SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section (offered beginning in March 2016).
- A score of 32 or higher on the ACT Reading section.
- Early Action: November 1
- Early Decision: November 1
- Regular Decision: January 15 (to start in the fall); October 1 (to start in the spring)